What personal information do we collect?We collect your personal information for the purpose of booking the travel related services that you have requested. This information, including any information about any health or medical issues that you inform us about and your passport details will be sent to the suppliers who will be providing your travel services. These suppliers may be based outside of the EU where the protection of personal data may not be as strong as it is in the EU. Generally, we collect following types of personal information about you:
- contact information (such as name, gender, date of birth, residential/mailing address, telephone number, email address);
- payment information (credit/debit card details, including card type, card number, security number and expiry date, billing address, bank details);
- passport details;
- frequent flyer details;
- information about your dietary requirements and health issues (if any); and other details relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service provider(s) (e.g. airlines and accommodation or tour providers).
How do we collect your personal information?We usually collect your personal information directly from you when you;
- visit our websites
- purchase our services/products online
- deal with us in person, by phone, email, fax and letter
- sign up for the newsletter
- enter competitions or register for promotions
- submit the review
- visit our online adverts or contents
- connect or link to any platform via social networking sites
- post comments to online communities
- provide information to our suppliers, advertising partners
How do we use your personal information?The purpose of collecting your personal information is generally to provide you the travel related products and services or travel related advice and information. However, the purpose of collecting your information may differ depending on the particular circumstances as disclosed in this policy. We will only process your personal information if,
- you have given your consent to process (you may withdraw your consent at any time)
- the process is necessary to provide our services you requested
- the process is necessary for our legitimate interests
- internal record keeping e.g. to raise your invoice and to process your orders.
- providing the best possible service and tools you choose to use
- identification of fraud or error
- maintaining and improving our services and products
- for research and analysis in relation to our business
Do we disclose your personal information to third party?We do not and will not sell, rent or trade your personal information. We will only disclose your personal information to third parties in the ways set out in this Policy and, in particular, as set out below, and in accordance with your local data protection laws. Please note, where we say “disclose”, this includes to transfer, share, send, or otherwise make available or accessible your personal information to another person or entity. When you book or enquire travel related products and services through us, we usually act as an agent for the relevant travel service suppliers. This usually includes collecting personal information about you both for our internal purposes as described in this Policy and for the travel service suppliers for whom we act as agent to provide you the services you requested. Therefore, we disclose your information to, Suppliers: We disclose your personal information to Airlines, Hotel, Railway, Coach, Car rental, local tour operator, DMC and local guide/assistant when it’s necessary to fulfil your requests. They may have their own Private Policy and we do not control their policy. We act as agent for or on behalf of thousands of travel service providers around the world, so it is not possible for us to set out in this Policy all of the travel service providers for whom we act or their locations. Additionally, we disclose your information to, Third party vendors: We disclose your personal information to credit card processing company, booking engine provider, advertising partners, printing company, IT suppliers, business partners, and fraud prevention firms to provide the services on behalf of us. We have appropriate privacy safeguards in place with those third party vendors who will provide the services on behalf of us. Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety of an individual or to public health or safety or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body or where such disclosure is authorised or required by law.
Is personal information transferred overseas?We may disclose your personal information to certain overseas recipients, as set out below. We will ensure that any such international transfers are either necessary for the performance of a contract between you and the overseas recipient or are made subject to appropriate or suitable safeguards as required by your local data protection laws (e.g. GDPR). We will provide you with copies of the relevant safeguard documents on request (see section Contact us below). It is possible that information will be transferred to an overseas recipient (other than any of our overseas related entities) located in a jurisdiction where you will not be able to seek redress under your local data protection laws and that does not have an equivalent level of data protection as in your jurisdiction. To the extent permitted by your local data protection laws, we will not be liable for how these overseas recipients handle, store and process your personal information.
a: Our overseas related entitiesWe operate a global business, including operations in United Kingdom, France, Germany and Japan. Your personal information may be disclosed to our overseas related entities in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative, advisory and technical services, including the storage and processing of such information.
b: Travel service providers located overseasIn providing our services to you, it may be necessary for us to disclose personal information to relevant overseas travel service providers. We deal with many different travel service providers all over the world, so the location of a travel service provider relevant to your personal information will depend on the travel services being provided. The relevant travel service providers will in most cases receive your personal information in the country in which they will provide the services to you or in which their business or management is based.
c: Our third party service providers located overseasWe may also disclose your personal information to third parties located overseas for the purpose of performing services for us, including the storage and processing of such information. Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas suppliers in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf. We use key service providers located in Japan and United Kingdom. We also deal with many different service providers all over the world, so it is not possible for us to set out in this notice all of the different countries to which we may send your personal information.
Security of informationWe are committed to safeguarding and protecting personal information and will implement and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to protect any personal information provided to us from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to personal information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. we protect our own confidential information. We are not responsible for any third party’s actions or their security controls with respect to information that third parties may collect or process via their websites, services or otherwise.We regularly review security technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information. We are not responsible for any third party’s actions or their security controls with respect to information that third parties may collect or process via their websites, services or otherwise. We will use and store your personal information only for as long as necessary as described in the policy. We review the stored information at regular intervals and delete permanently or anonymise when it becomes no longer necessary. Your rights in relation to the personal information we collect If you wish to:
- update, modify, delete or obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold on you; or
- restrict or stop us from using any of the personal information which we hold on you, including by withdrawing any consent you have previously given to the processing of such information; or
- where any personal information has been processed on the basis of your consent or as necessary to perform a contract to which you are a party, request a copy of such personal information in a suitable format
Using Mobile and Other DevicesWhen you access our website, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address. An IP address is a series of numbers which identify your computer, and which are generally assigned when you access the internet. We may use IP addresses for system administration, investigation of security issues and compiling anonymised data regarding usage of our website.
- Make our website work as you’d expect.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Allow you to share pages with social networking services like Facebook.
- Continuously improve our website for you.
- Make our marketing more efficient.
- Remember if we have already asked you certain questions (for example if you declined to take a survey).
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission).
- Pass data to advertising networks.
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.