Unknown to many, Etihad Airways is the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates. It may also be one of the latest to soar the skies but has readily earned the reputation as the ‘fastest growing airline in the history of commercial aviation’.
I had the opportunity to be on-board in one of the flights to Manila during the early stages, and immediately, created a remarkable impact. Accustomed to the normal seat pitches of different carriers, Etihad is surprisingly ‘roomy’ and radiates a ‘brand new aircraft’ feel. Services are irreproachable from ground to skies. The entertainment on demand provides a wide array of choices, to catch up on the movies you have missed or just simply listen to soothing music. Dining is a pleasure with a touch of something proverbial (I remember being served beef adobo).
En-route, a stop over in amazing Dubai can be arranged free or charge. An airconditioned coach plies from Abu Dhabi to Dubai, lasting about 1.5hrs. (please check with PIC-UK about visa requirements).
Etihad Airways has since then become a formidable force to contend with in the aviation industry and continues to grow. Manila-bound passengers are served by 2 daily flights from London Heathrow and Manchester, with an extra treat of 40kgs check-in luggage, to accommodate all those important ‘pasalubongs’. An extra 5kgs also await loyal customers by signing up to the Mileage Program – Etihad Guest.
Make Etihad the carrier of choice, to bring you home.
For information on the latest fare deals, please contact Philippine Islands Connections.
How would you like to fly with the best?
Etihad Airways is delighted to have been voted the World's Leading Airline for the third year running at the World Travel Awards*. Inspired by their home Abu Dhabi, the heart of modern Arabia, Etihad Airways takes the spirit of warm Arabian hospitality into the air. You can enjoy outstanding service on their new fleet of luxury aircraft. Experience more choice in Coral Economy Class, stretch out on an award-winning fully flat bed in Pearl Business Class, or relax in your very own private suite in Diamond First Class.
Welcome to a new world of comfort and convenience. Etihad offers swift connections triple daily from London Heathrow and double daily from Manchester to more than 80 destinations across five continents, including Middle East, North America, Africa, Australia and Asia.
Discover why you should change to the best, Coral Economy offers:
- Over 600 hours of on-demand entertainment on some of the largest personal screens in the sky – as well as MP3 player connectivity and universal power sockets
- Cuisine that's regularly voted among the best in the industry with a choice of menus
- Specially-designed child friendly services, with activity packs and their own dedicated in-flight entertainment
- Award-winning loyalty programme (Etihad Guest), which offers you immediate rewards from the first mile earned, and no blackout periods
Fly Pearl Business Class to enjoy:
- Award-winning fully flat beds in an innovative 1-2-1 layout – all seats have aisle access and are forward facing
- A dedicated Food & Beverage Manager, restaurant quality dining-on-demand, boutique wines, and Kitchen Anytime options
- 15-inch personal touch-screen, seat with inbuilt massager
- A private chauffeur for two one-way transfers to or from the airport#
- State-of-the-art lounges – including all-day fine dining, business centre and complimentary luxury treatments at the Six Senses Spa#
For ultimate luxury, select Diamond First Class:
- The World's Leading First Class**
- Personal suite with sliding doors that will seal you away in a world of intimate luxury – featuring your own 6’8” fully flat bed with inbuilt massager
- A tailor made menu, prepared by the onboard chef at the Mezoon Grille – a hand-picked choice of delicately prepared mains, exquisitely presented sides and mouth-watering desserts
- Change into your sleeper suit in an onboard Changing Room, while a crew member makes up your bed with the finest linen
- 23-inch personal screen, hand-stitched leather Poltrona Frau upholstery, wardrobe, mini-bar and Swarovski valise
- Door-to-door luxury Etihad Chauffeur service at both ends of your journey#
- Some of the finest First Class lounges - including à la carte dining, chef’s table, Champagne Bar and pre-flight treatments in the Six Senses Spa#
* World Travel Awards 2009, 2010 and 2011
** 2011 Skytrax Awards
# Available at selected airports, mileage restrictions apply